NUST university Islamabad admission 2014 Undergraduate programs. Registration start from 30th October 2013. Admission can be sought either on the basis of NUST Entrance Test (NET) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) for which limited seats are available.
Commencement of Programmes (tentative)
All Programmes less Aerospace Engineering, Avionics Engineering, MBBS, BDS and BS Applied Bio-sciences : 09 Sep 2014
Aerospace Engineering and Avionics Engineering: 29 Sep 2014
MBBS / BDS : 08 Dec 2014
BS Applied Bio-sciences: 17 Nov 2014
|UG ADMISSION APPLICATION PROCESSING FEE|
|PROCEDURE OF ADMISSION ON THE BASIS OF NET|
• Admission in NUST is strictly on merit.
• Minimum 60% aggregate marks in SSG and HSSC (or equivalent qualification).
• Candidates with ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level or other equivalent qualification LIke Overseas High SchooL Certificate, British General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level), International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement. etc. need to obtain equivalence certificate (With minimum 60 % marks) from Inter-Board Committee oF Chairmen (IBCC). Pakistan.
- FSc (Pre-Engineering Group:i from any Board of tntermediate and Secondary Education or equivalent qualification like Overseas High School Certificate ¡ British General Certificate of Educaion (Advanced Level) /International Baccalaureate /Advanced Placement with Physics. Chemistry and Mathematics as major subjects.
- Candidates with FSc/equivalent qualification with combination of Physics. Mathematics and Computer Studies or Computer Science can only apply for Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Electrical (Telecom) Engineering.
- BS Computer Science: FSc(Pre-Engineering and Computer Science Group)or equivalent qualification.
- Architecture and Industrial Design: FSc (Pre•Engineering / Computer Science Group or equivalent qualification (any combination with Physics and Mathematics).
- Natural Sciences (BS Mathematics);. Intermediate or an equivalent qualification, such as an Overseas High School Certificate! British General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) International Baccalaureate /Advance Placement (with Mathematics).
Engineering / Computer Science candidates can also opt for BS Mathematics without appearing in a separate test.
Medical Programs :
- FSc (Pre-Medical Group) from any Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education or an equivalent qualification like Overseas High School Certificate? British General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level)/international Baccalaureate t Advanced Placement with three subjects of which Biology and Chemistry are essential subjects.
- Marital status requirement for AM College: Unmarried
- Applied Bio-sciences: FSc (Pre-Medical Group) from any Board of intermediate and Secondary Education or an equivalent qualification like Overseas High School Certificate / British General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) /International Baccalaureate /Advanced Placement with Biology and Chemistry as essential subjects.
Note: For Medical and Applied Bio-sciences complete FSe / A level / equivalent qualification (Pre. Medical Group) marks should be entered in Online Registration Form after the announcement of results for compilation of merit.
Business Studies and Social Sciences
- For BBA. BS Economic, BS Mass Communication and BS Public Administration, Intermediate or an equivalent qualification, such as an Overseas High School Certificate ! British General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) f International Baccalaureate /Advance Placement with any combination of subjects.
- For BS Accounting & Finance, Intermediate or an equivalent qualification like Overseas High School Certificate / British General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) ¡ International Baccalaureate / Advanced placement with Mathematics or Accounting and Finance or Accountancy as one of the major subject.
Candidates with any of the following deficiencies are NOT eligible to apply for admission:
- Less than 60% marks in Matric and FA/FSc
- Less than 60% marks in O/A level as per the equivalence certificate issued by IBCC.
- In case of O IA level or equivalent foreign qualification, those not in possession of valid O level or equivalent qualification certificate issued by IBCC at the time of applying to NUST.
- Having failed / not appeared in any subject in FA/FSc Part-I/II.
- Female candidates are not eligible to apply for Aerospace, Avionics and Civil Engineering programmes at Risalpur campuses.
- Not in possession of CNIC / Form B/NICOP.
How to Apply???
A candidate /applicant can submit the Application Form for NET-1 available online at www.nust.edu.pk or https:flugadmissions.nust.edu.pk( after providing his/her valid email address, On submission of the completed form, the candidate will print fee invoice and deposit entrance test processing fee as prescribed in the invoice in any online branch of Habib Bank Limited (HBL).
The forms required to be filled up by candidates are as follows:-
|Registration Start||Registration Ends||Remarks|
|Application Form for NET 1 (December 2013)||30 Nov 2013||15 December 2013||For every series.
separate form will have to be submitted
|Application Form for NET 2 (April 2014)||1st March 2014||6th April 2014||Same as above|
|Application Form for NET 3 (June 2014)||09 May 2014||08 June 2014|
|Form for Admission on SAT basis||09 May 2014||15 July 2014||Same|
NET* = NUST Entrance Test
- Computer Based Test ———Islamabad, Sector H-12. NUST Campus ——–(December 2013, April-May 2014 and June-July 2014)
- Paper Based Test —— Karachi and Quetta ——- (July 2014 only)
Conduct of entrance test of All programs
|1st Series (NET 1)||21 DEC to 31 DEC 2013|
|2nd Series (NET 2)||12 April to 4 May 2014|
|Third Series (NET 3)||14 June to 13 July 2014|
There will be Two sessions on test days as follows:-
. Morning: 0900-1200 hours
. Afternoon: 1400-1700 hours
Note: Candidates are required to bring printed Admit Card to the test centre along with original CNIC or a document with photo ID such as Passport, Original Matric/ FSc certificate bearing photograph etc.
Applying on the basis of SAT for National and International Seats:
Candidates of this category have to arrange submission of their SAT Reasoning/SAT Subject Test scores (as applicable) from College Board, USA, to NUST latest by 15 July 2014. NUST Institutional Code to receive SAT scores is 2790. It ¡s the responsibility of the candidate to ensure entry of SAT Score in online SAT Registration Form and submission of hard copy of the same to Undergraduate Section NUST, sector H-12, Islamabad by due date.
Candidates applying for international seats have to pay fee and allied charges in US Dollars
15% of Top merit position holders in NUST entrance test with respect to total seats in each discipline will be awarded
waiver of tuition fee for the 1st semester (1st academic year in case of Medical) on joining the respective School / college.
For correspondence and information, contact:
Help Line (9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Monday to Friday):
Admission Queries: +92 51- 90856878, 90851414 Email: email@example.com
Fee Deposit/Verification: +92 51- 90851313, 90851320 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: Admissions Directorate,
NUST Campus, Sector H-12, Islamabad.